Sports Reserves Hit Belper For Eight!

By Peter Scherer (Information provided by Mickleover Reserves Twitter)

It wasn’t only the Mickleover first team winning last Saturday, as the Reserve side were Derbyshire Cup action at Belper Utd Reserves, coming away 8-1 winners.

Sports had control from the start with two early shots and corners.

The Belper keeper managed to save from both Elliott and Declan Brown, before Harry Atwal put the ball across the face of the goal, with no one picking it up. Elliott then crossed from an Atwal ball, but again it was a chance missed.

Belper the had their first attack, earning a corner which the Mickleover defence failed to clear. The ball was then bundled into the net 0-1.

Owen Parr then set up Brown, who rounded the keeper. A home defender tried to clear off the line, but it was 1-1.

Elliott soon added to the tally rounding the defence to shoot over the keeper, 2-1 and then Brown hit his second to make it 3-1.

It was very one -sided but after Atwal confused the defence, his free-kick was then cleared. The keeper then saved after a square ball from Elliott to Brown had been deflected by a defender.

Charlie Rock then outwitted a defender, to find Elliott, who beat two more defenders before burying it inside the left-hand post 4-1.

There was one more before half-time too, after some great play down the right from Ben Horleston. He beat the defence and then the rebound from his effort was successfully met by Fin Ryder, 5-1.

The bobbly pitch had caused a few problems but early into the second half Rock had played the ball out of defence for Brown to collect. The ball bobbled as he made his shot, but as the keeper went to save it bobbled again and it was 6-1.

Belper then managed their second shot of the game, before Parr made it 7-1 and a lovely one-two before he fired home.

But they hadn’t finished yet and Brown had a fine solo run to score his fourth and make it 8-1 deep in the right-hand corner.

It could easily have been more as Rock played a crossfield ball to Ronnie Bonser, but the bobble beat him again and his shot was blocked.

Brandon Ferron went close with late free kick, cleared by a defender, before sub Cozens put a cross across goal face, as Mickleover pounded the defence until the final whistle.

Share & Spread The Word