Sports 1-2 Farsley Celtic: Match Report

Saturday 1st December 2018
Evo Stik Northern Premier Division
Written by Kerry Goldsworthy

Mickleover came into this game with determination after last Saturday’s draw away at Hednesford Town. Sports manager John McGrath put out a strong 4-4-2 formation with Lewis King in goal. The back four consisted of Jake Scott, Ben Turner, Pablo Mills and Reece Ford. The midfield consisted of John McGrath, Ted Cribley, Ricky Ravenhill and Adam Prusa. The two strikers consisted of Evan Garnett and Nathan Jarman. The Sports bench consisted of Will Norcross, Jack Walsh, Jiri Boula, Karel Tvaroh and Mason Warren.

For the first 5 minutes of the game, each side had chances to score. A chance came for the Celtic from a corner but was saved by Lewis King. A chance came for Sports with Evan Garnett having a shot and saved by Celtics Keeper Kyle Trennery.

On the 13th minute, Farsley had another chance to score from James Spender but as it was curled in, Lewis saved the ball. A minute later, Sports had a corner after a shot was deflected. John McGrath took the corner and Pablo Mills headed the ball but went straight to the keeper. On the 16th minute, a Farsley kick is crossed in and headed by Ben Atkinson but goes wide of the left hand of the post.

On the 18th minute, Farsley had another chance to score with Nathan Cartman as he played through and ran towards the box, but his shot was dragged wide of the right-hand post. On the 23rd minute, Farsley was close to scoring but went out wide of the right hand of the post. On the 27th minute, Lewis King was the saviour as Farsley had another chance. Farsley left back William Hayhurst had a shot from outside the box and was saved by the Sports keeper. Farsley had another chance on the 35th minute by Nathan Cartman by went out wide of the right-hand post. On the 1st minute of added time, Adam Prusa scored his first goal for Sports with an excellent volley in to give Sports the lead.

Half Time: Mickleover Sports 1-0 Farsley Celtic.

On the 49th minute, Farsley had a chance to equalise from Nathan Cartman but was caught by Lewis King before Farsley had another shot and was tipped out for a corner. On the 54th minute, a corner was awarded to the Sports. The corner from John McGrath found the head of Pablo Mills but goes out wide of the left-hand post. Farsley got the equaliser on the 57th minute after a free kick was awarded to Farsley. Will Hayhurst took the free kick and went around the wall and into the left-hand corner. Sports made a substitution on the 60th minute after Evan Garnett goes down. Jack Walsh replaced Garnett. On the 61st minute, Farsley had a chance with Nathan Cartman’s shot curled in and went wide of the right-hand post.

On the 68th minute, a chance for Farsley by Paul Walker was blocked and out for a corner. Corner went and was kicked out. A substitution for sports came on the 69th minute with Karel Tvaroh replacing Jake Scott. A goal came on the 76th minute for Farsley after the Celtic was awarded a penalty. Ben Atkinson took the penalty kick and was smashed into the bottom left corner. Two minutes later, a chance came for sports to equalise. Nathan Jarman struck the ball but was saved by Kyle Trennery and out for a corner. Corner was taken but kicked out. Sports final substitution consisted of Will Norcross replacing Ted Cribley on the 84th minute.

Full Time: Mickleover Sports 1-2 Farsley Celtic.

Share & Spread The Word

Start a Conversation